Senior Business Development Manager - Equipment & Material Suppliers
Imec is the world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technology. As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and academia we bring together brilliant minds from all over the world in a creative and stimulating environment. By leveraging our world-class cleanroom infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of diverse expert partners across a multitude of industries, we accelerate progress towards a connected, sustainable future. imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, US, Taiwan, China, India and Japan. Its staff of more than 5000 people includes over 1000 industrial residents, guest researchers and scholarships.
Imec’s strategic partnerships with world leading suppliers are at the center of imec’s ecosystem, enabling imec’s R&D programs by providing access to the most advanced semiconductor equipment and materials, and contributing to imec’s revenues. The imec business offering consists of open innovation programs, bilateral R&D collaborations and private services, encompassing various technology fields such as lithography, logic, memory and 3D integration. In collaboration with the technical units BD shapes the supplier strategy, develops new business offerings, and prepares the imec value proposal to partners. For the business team of the Equipment and Material suppliers, imec is looking for a Senior Business Developer responsible for a portfolio of companies within the Equipment and Materials segment. You will report to the Equipment & Materials Suppliers- Business Development Director.
What you will do
As Senior Business Development Manager, you are responsible for the strategic partnerships in your portfolio of equipment and material companies:
- Build and manage the strategy for a portfolio of equipment and material suppliers in close collaboration with the technical units
- Detect, track and quantify market trends, map imec R&D roadmaps onto market needs and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Develop long term forecasts and business cases to support investment decisions
- Define the go-to-market strategy and collect voice-of-customer inputs to prepare the imec (technical) value proposals in collaboration with the technical units
- Manage the partnership strategy:
- Build and nourish excellent relationships at multiple levels, with R&D and BU’s of customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities for growth based on the customer roadmaps.
- First business point of contact– escalation path in case of issues (technical & non-technical)
- Trusted partner for (internal and external) senior management stakeholders
- Own the business for the companies within your portfolio:
- Close business deals to ensure imec access to advanced equipment and materials through partnerships
- Grow imec revenues and profitability for companies in portfolio to meet imec targets
- Interface between customer and imec – translate customer feedback in imec actions and opportunities
- Define the imec business model towards suppliers in portfolio: technical value proposition, market opportunity, IP, margins and price setting
- Ensure deal closure in collaboration with technical units, procurement, legal and IP
- Represent imec in customer meetings, or at trade shows and exhibitions; organize and coordinate executive level alignments
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have at least a master’s degree in engineering or exact sciences, preferably with an electronics, physics or material science focus
- 7+ years of experience in business development, product management or product marketing
- You have strong and proven affinity with the semiconductor industry ecosystem, preferably related to equipment and material suppliers and or semiconductor processing.
- You have the ambition to develop the strategy and be the business owner for a portfolio of companies
- You take the initiative in bringing deals to closure
- You have strategic vision and provide your input in strategic proposals.
- You have strong communication and relation building skills to grow partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- You are fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
- You enjoy regular business travel to attend customer meetings and technical conferences: 10%~20%
- You are an enthusiastic team player, but you can work independently and take initiative to get business done
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including financial reporting, customer opportunity management, contractual closures.