Process Engineering Coordinator
What you will do
You will be a member of the DD area in the Engineering group. This group is responsible for tools and processes in the ALD, CVD, Diffusion, EPI and PVD application. In close collaboration with a team of process and hardware engineers, you manage the daily work and secure the processing and the performance of more than 30 tools in 3 teams (ALD, Diffusion and EPI).
As a Coordinator:
- Your mission is to coordinate the day to day follow up and monitoring of the assigned tool performance and related activities in the DD area. You set priorities and follow up on them.
- You guide and steer the team in taking proactive measures to improve and make sure the right quality processes are put in place to safeguard tool and process stability.
- In the event of major processing or tool problems you help the team in assessing potential root causes and effectively follow up on the analysis to come to a structural solution in a timely manner.
- You work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with researchers, hardware and process engineers, operations, industry assignees, tool suppliers, device and process experts.
- You represent imec in contacts with third parties and representatives for semiconductor players from around the globe.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences, or equal by experience.
- Relevant experience in a semiconductor environment and display strong engineering skills and mindset. A first people management experience is a plus.
- You have good statistical knowledge (SPC, DOE, GoF, mean/stdev, Cp/Cpk, t-test) and you enjoy troubleshooting.
- A passion for progressive technology and processes.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- Communication superstar with an inspirational mindset: You enjoy sharing knowledge and coaching others gives you energy. You can build bridges between different stakeholders (e.g. Process Engineering, operations) and empower team members. You are enthusiastic to take up challenges and reach ambitious objectives with the team.
- Process & quality driven problem solver: You manage multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude. Thanks to your expertise and your project management skills, you take ownership and can complete your tasks autonomously.
- Analytical thinker: You quickly detect and define problems. You set-up coherent action plans and are a good coach for problem solving.