What you will do
To support the growth of the FAB engineering department, we are hiring Process Engineers for the 6 key process areas: material deposition, lithography, dry etch & implant, wet processing, bonding & assembly, or metrology. Successful candidates will be matched with an area based on previous experience, personal interest and/or position availability.
As a Process Engineer, you are responsible for the standard processes and tools, and the introduction of new tools and processes in our pilot production line, both 200mm and 300mm. Typical responsibilities include:
- You become a tool(s)/application expert and you get ownership of the tool; process performance, reservations, throughput, back-ups, training, first point of contact, etc.
- You maintain your processes, monitor stability with SPC, resolve issues, and identify and implement improvements with respect to safety, quality and/or efficiency.
- You analyze and execute requests for new process developments in collaboration with the internal or external customer.
- You set-up experimental plans, you execute them in the cleanroom, analyze the data, and interpret the results.
- You transfer processes from the R&D stage to the pilot production line in collaboration with researchers and operators.
- You document processes, and ensure quality & safety levels are met.
- You support new tool installations from process point of view: installing new recipes, qualifying the tool, setting up the process control monitors, contamination checks, etc.
In summary, a very diverse and interesting role with significant responsibilities that allow you to gain a lot of expertise and build a large internal network.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We welcome applications both from experienced engineers as well as fresh graduates. Please include a motivation letter in your application.
- You have a Master’s degree in the field of Science or Engineering (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering) or equivalent by experience with a passion for cutting edge technology.
- You are highly motivated, proactive and self-driven and will initiate and assume ownership of problem solving and process improvement activities.
- You are hands-on and willing to work in our cleanroom on a daily basis.
- You are comfortable working in a team environment, but at the same time you can work autonomously, take initiative and are capable to plan and organize your own work.
- You are passionate about application development, data interpretation and are focused on achieving high quality results.
- You are highly organized and have a logical and methodical working style.
- You are eager to work in a highly competitive field and a multicultural environment.
- To allow you to function in this multicultural environment you are fluent in both written and spoken English.
- You are willing to work in a shift regime (early/late) and 1 weekend out of 3, in order to support the continuous FAB production.
Additional requirements considered as an asset:
- Relevant industrial experience in a semiconductor environment or other production environment.
- Knowledge and experience in one (or more) of the 6 key semiconductor process areas and their related tools.
- Knowledge and experience of various process control and improvement techniques (e.g., SPC, Cp/CpK, FMEA, 8D, 6sigma, etc.).
- Any knowledge in advanced software packages (Python, Matlab, JMP, Minitab, Klarity, E3/FDC, etc.)