Legal Counsel - R&D & Business Contracts
What you will do
As a Legal Counsel at imec, you work on innovative legal challenges which require creative and proactive legal guidance.
You are part of the Legal Office team, and you will mainly work at imec’s premises in Leuven, Belgium in combination with working from home.
The projects and contracts you take on challenge you to think big and differently.
- Provide legal advice and drafting and reviewing a wide range of sales/R&D contracts with partners worldwide (e.g. collaboration agreements, program partnerships, license agreements, feasibility & development agreements, technology transfers, ...) while safeguarding imec’s rights and obligations. As imec performs many different technical and scientific activities, one or more specific business lines and/or domains will be assigned to you, where you will act as the main legal responsible and point-of-contact for all contract related questions. Currently we are specifically looking for a legal counsel to support the activities of imec in national and international government-funded projects and imec’s partnerships with universities and other academic institutions worldwide.
- Negotiate the contracts, in close collaboration with other teams, which are essential in imec’s contract procedure, such as IP Business Intelligence, Business Development & Business Operations, Contract Administration and Technical Units.
- Align with the Compliance teams (in the domain of privacy, healthcare, export control, etc.) in order to ensure regulatory compliance in our agreements.
- Keep up to date with applicable laws and regulations in the following domains: contract law, IP law, competition law, commercial law, and more specifically the various applicable funding regulations.
- Set up appropriate, up-to-date template contracts and contract clauses, in line with imec’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with legal colleagues and participate in initiatives to guarantee a uniform legal strategy for imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master in Law, with a minimum of 10 years experience in contract law and IP law, preferably within an R&D environment. Specific experience with public funded research projects and related regulations is a plus.
- You advise and write in a clear, concise, and focused manner in English. Dutch is a plus.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines, and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player and with a pro-active and constructive attitude.
- You have flexibility to travel between the different imec locations in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Imec is a story about how talent grows technology and technology grows talent. How people rise above themselves when working on challenges no one has ever faced before. This is imec. Come find your place in it.