What you will do
- Providing legal advice as a company lawyer and drafting and reviewing a wide range of contracts (e.g. service agreements, real estate agreements, supplier agreements, corporate M&A related agreements, ...) while safeguarding imec’s rights and obligations.
- Negotiating these contracts, in close interaction with other teams, such as the procurement team and venturing and innovation team.
- Supporting such teams by setting up appropriate and up-to-date template contracts and contract clauses, in line with imec’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Managing imec’s insurance portfolio and acting as single point of contact for all related questions and advice
- Cooperating with other legal colleagues and participating in initiatives to guarantee a uniform legal strategy for imec.
- Collaborating with the compliance teams (e.g. in the domain of privacy and export control) in order to ensure regulatory compliance in your agreements.
What we do for you
As a Legal Counsel at imec, you work on innovative legal challenges which require creative and proactive legal guidance. You are part of the Legal Office team and you will work at imec’s premises in Leuven, Belgium. The projects and contracts you take on challenge you to think big and differently. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master in Law, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in commercial and/or corporate law.
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch (speaking and writing) and you advise and write in a clear, concise and focused manner.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player and with a pro-active and constructive attitude.
Imec is a story about how talent grows technology and technology grows talent. How people rise above themselves when working on challenges no one has ever faced before. This is imec. Come find your place in it.