ASIC Production Engineer imec-IC.link
What you will do
Imec.IC-link helps start-ups, SMEs and established OEMs as well as universities realize their ideas in silicon by providing low-cost prototyping, volume production and system integration of electronic assemblies.
Our world class industrial service experts in nanotechnology offer tailored support across the entire IC value chain, from imagination to mass production, and collaborate with leading partners in the semiconductor ecosystem. Our highly experienced ASIC development team realizes over 600 successful tape-outs per year across all our supported technologies (CMOS, GaN-on-SOI, Si and SiN photonics).
Imec.IC-link is based in Leuven, Belgium and is a TSMC value chain aggregator for Europe, North America, Brazil and India.
As ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) Production Engineer within imec IC-link, you will be part of a group composed by test engineers, production engineers, product engineers, assembly & packaging engineers, supply chain administrators and project managers. You will be responsible for the support of existing ASIC products in production and their related technical changes. You will work together with the other imec teams and the external subco’s to take a technical challenge from problem identification to final solution. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring initiative, originality and excellent problem-solving skills.
The various tasks include but are not limited to:
- Make the product sustainable by working on yield and test issues
- Develop and validate changes related to the process, supplier, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Improve overall product quality and drive to zero customer returns
- Drive failure analysis investigations and troubleshoot issues.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s degree in Electronics, and preferably with 8+ years of relevant experience in production, test, and assembly engineering.
- Good knowledge of digital and analog electronics and a very good knowledge of statistical analysis, 6 sigma methodology.
- Experience with programming languages, by preference Python, C++.
- Knowledge of the MIL STD for automotive, space, medical and industrial ASIC qualification flows is a plus.
- Able to learn the details of complex ASIC test specs is a plus.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills (English is the working language) is a must.
- Problem solving skills, risk-based decision-making skills.
- Flexible to travel (1 week/month).