ASIC Field Application Engineer
What you will do
You will be our ASIC Field Application Engineer for our US customer base.
Your main activities will be:
- Align with the sales team for business strategy and priorities.
- Provide timely technical support to enable customers’ engineering real needs, identifying imec opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and map them on internal or partner design and IP capabilities. This can include discussions on system and block level specifications.
- Define turnkey or service ASIC design project plans supporting customer requirements involving internal and/or external design, IP and implementation capabilities.
- Perform technical presentations, training and updates for customers, partners, and prospects.
- Lead the pre-sales and post-sales technical engagements with the customer. This involves working in a cross functional organization to find subject matter experts to solve customer problems and issues.
- Know when and how to tap into the already available knowledge in imec.
- Own the technical solution for customers and champion their needs.
- Fully understand customers’ products, roadmaps, and technical needs to find an optimum solution for both the customer and imec.
- Guide and help customers with all tape-out procedures and activities.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a bachelor’s or master’s degree in EE/CS or similar, ideally, combined with at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in ASIC FAE and/or support.
- You are a team player with excellent collaborative skills, you openly share experiences with colleagues.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You know the ASIC business very well, get energy from managing customer projects and have a proven track record in doing so: you are the one we are looking for.
- Your good network in the ASIC design and IP ecosystem is a plus.
- Customer-orientation, pro-activity and result-orientation are the best keywords to describe your profile.
- You have an excellent level of English communication.
- You have design and Technology knowledge in one or more of the following areas: logic technology, memory technology advanced device engineering, reliability engineering, high performance computing, Design flow and methodology, EDA tool (DRC, LVS, RC)
- You are ambitious and self-motivated and eager to learn.
- You are a proven problem solver with a strong technical background.
- You have a high-level understanding of semiconductor technology, design methodology, EDA and IP
- You are able to effectively position and present technology.