ASIC Design Flow CAD Engineer
What you will do
Imec is a world-leading R&D centre and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technology supporting a global ecosystem that involves a large number of industrial and academic players. IC-link is its industrial arm providing design, layout, prototyping, fabrication, and testing services to imec and external customers.
You will participate in the activities of imec IC-link’s design group and support highly experienced digital and analog design teams. IC-link provides full turnkey ASIC services to universities and companies worldwide while supporting imec research and industrialization on a broad range of technologies.
You will be responsible for the installation, configuration, management, and customization of PDKs, IPs, tools and work environments. You will provide CAD solutions, documentation and training to various design teams across IC-link and imec research groups. You will interact with customer support services from foundries, IP and EDA vendors. You will bridge the gap between designers and imec ICT.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Fetch, install, set up and maintain PDKs and IPs from different vendors and technologies
- Install, set up and maintain design tools
- Create and maintain in-house design tools, scripts, and custom verification rulesets
- Set up and maintain design environments in Linux
- Assist designers in creating common workflows
- Assist designers in debugging issues in design tools, PDKs, IPs and workflows
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or equivalent
- You have 3 or more years of relevant CAD experience in semiconductor industry
- Design experience in digital and/or analog flows is a strong plus
- Strong knowledge in Linux and shell scripting is essential
- You are familiar with programming languages such as Python, Perl, TCL, SKILL or others
- Experience with creating or modifying Calibre/PVS rules is a plus
- You are familiar with versioning tools such as SVN, GIT or others
- Experience with Cliosoft and/or Perforce versioning tools is a plus
- You are autonomous and proactive
- You are polyvalent and can manage several tasks in parallel
- You can manage priorities and organize your work
- You have good written and oral communication skills in English
- Relocation to Belgium is required