Sr. Strategic Partnership Manager
What you will do
As a Strategic Partnership Manager, you will be part of the US business team of imec and establish and grow strategic relationships with new and existing partners with an emphasis on growing our business with new partners and industries. The functions of this role will include:
- Establish and grow alliances with existing and new partners to achieve imec goals.
- Perform business and sales focused activities, including identifying key target customers and contacts at companies.
- Translate technical and business needs of customers into fit with imec’s business model, technology, and expertise.
- Structure and negotiate complex agreements with partners by working closely with diverse imec teams including: business, intellectual property, legal and engineering groups.
- Identify and attend key conferences where potential partners and important contacts are present to establish contact and start discussions.
- Expand imec’s footprint in the US targeting specific industries including marketing related activities such as attending and presenting at conferences and joining networking groups and events.
- Contribute ideas and strategies to increase imec’s visibility within specific targeted industries.
- Work together with senior leadership and business development teams at imec to define strategic requirements and addressable markets for partnership opportunities, determine capability or operational fit with our existing strategy as well as develop and manage partnership targets.
- Evaluate opportunities and present recommendations to the management team.
- Take ownership as part of the business team for discussions with both existing and target accounts in order to maintain the value of the existing and possible new partnerships.
- This is a remote role working from your home office engaging with imec teams in Europe and the US.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- have a Master’s or PhD in engineering or related fields (preferably in computer engineering or electronics) combined with strong interest in semiconductor technology, SoC design, system and product design for new compute solutions.
- have 5+ years’ experience in business and partnership building regarding research and development solutions preferably in the semiconductor and system design space and have built a strong network in the respective field.
- ideally understand nanoelectronics and semiconductor technology and know how research in these fields brings value to other industries.
- have an initial understanding of business models employed in SoC design and software selling and you have good knowledge of the semiconductor and system market.
- are self-motivated, proactive, and take initiatives.
- have an entrepreneurial spirit necessary for engaging with stakeholders at startups, corporations, and venture capital companies.
- possess distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
- have outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication, engagement and interpersonal skills.
- are a self-starter who can form insights, drive strategic vision, and execute across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- feel comfortable engaging with executive-level customers, imec’s executives, and other decision makers.
- can influence stakeholders and business partners at all levels without organizational authority.
- have a passion for technology and innovation and have shown a willingness and interest to learn about next-generation technologies.
- have a willingness to surpass expectations and delivering impactful results to all stakeholders.
- are or can be established to support the respective region of this position (West Coast).
- can work and travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- are eligible to work in the US.