Strategic Partnerships Manager, Fabless
We are looking for a savvy strategic partnerships manager to grow imec’s business strategy in North America. As part of the business team, you will establish and develop strategic relationships with new and existing partners for imec's fabless business and capture opportunities to disrupt markets by leveraging the most advanced silicon technology in the world. Additionally, you will be highly collaborative with our headquarters (Leuven, Belgium).
This role is hybrid and ideally located in the Bay Area, CA or another location strategic to this industry. Travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30 percent.
What you will do
- Manage North America strategic partnerships focused on client satisfaction while driving revenue growth
- Create a clear business plan that allows the company to exceed business targets and scale
- Leverage your network to develop strategic alliances and business opportunities with Fabless industry partners
- Refine and lead the business strategy and sales-focused activities, including identifying key target customers and stakeholders at relevant companies
- Translate technical and business needs of customers to fit within imec’s business model, technology, and expertise
- Collaboratively manage sales pursuits and the sales pipeline, help the account team identify, qualify, and close sales leads, and coordinate the utilization of all account management methodology and business development tools
- Drive discussion with partners from discovery to a business opportunity
- Identify risks and key stakeholders while understanding companies’ decision-making structure and processes
- Structure and negotiate complex agreements with partners by working closely with diverse imec teams, including the executive team, CTO office, intellectual property, legal, and engineering groups.
- Understand different business models from R&D partnership to venture
- Bring your relentless drive and ambition for excellence to assess and define the key value conferences where you can attend and present to C-level potential partners and important contacts
- Collaborate with global senior leadership, CTO office, and other business teams at imec to define strategic requirements and addressable markets for partnership opportunities, determine capability or operational fit with our existing strategy, and develop and manage partnership targets
- Establish, enhance and maintain deep, collaborative relationships with existing and target accounts to maintain the value of current and possible new partnerships.
What we do for you
Imec is a world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. We leverage our world-class infrastructure and global ecosystem of partners across diverse industries to enable groundbreaking innovation.
We believe that talent grows technology, and technology grows talent. This is imec, find your place in it.
Who you are
- Have at least five years of experience in a relevant role, including at least five combined years of establishing long-term R&D partnerships, account management, or business development with companies in the fabless industry
- Advanced degree (MBA, Ph.D.) or equivalent experience
- Strong exec presence and the ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with senior business leaders as well as internal partners
- Dynamic, empathetic, and flexible in communication and work styles depending on context and in multicultural teams and engagements
- A deep understanding of the automotive industry and an extensive network
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with an emphasis on data-driven storytelling and presentation
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and urgent deadlines simultaneously
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate a sophisticated organization to drive projects from idea to execution quickly
- Are a highly organized and upbeat leader with a passion for developing people
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, fast-growing, constantly evolving environment
- High energy, personable, innovative, and wildly creative - with the execution skills to make it all count
- Proven track record of building positive working relationships across multiple departments and functions.
- Understands and embraces the importance of both internal and external personal relationships; able to develop positive relationships with customers and partners.
- Highly collaborative across all global internal functions and levels
- Embraces creativity with a data-driven approach
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident