R&D Engineer Metrology for 3D IC integration
What you will do
- Work in a metrology group focusing on metrology and defectivity for 3DIC integration and Advanced Wafer Level Packaging.
- Actively contribute to the research programs (e.g. 3D program & logic program) and joint development programs with external partners through the execution of work packages or vendor demos.
- Develop metrology solutions on advanced imec processes. This can involve the definition of best practices to be deployed to all users as well the invention of innovative methods to solve new challenges.
- Work in the cleanroom on advanced metrology and inspection tools, analyze the generated data (through the development of your own analysis tool if required).
- Report the conclusions internally and externally (module meetings, project reviews, workshops, conferences).
- Work closely with imec patterning, design, integration, and metrology teams to address challenging metrology needs.
- Be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, timelines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of the project(s) you are responsible for.
- Start-up new equipment.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion, and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Applied Sciences, Material Engineering or Electronics (or equivalent level through experience).
- 3-5 years of relevant experience within a research or industrial environment is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in metrology/defectivity and/or 3DIC integration is beneficial.
- You are working autonomously, well-organized, with a good attention to detail and you set high standards in everything you do.
- You are interested in working hands-on in a clean room environment.
- You can work in complex environments with various partners and customers.
- You are flexible and can deal with change.
- You have excellent presentation and English communication skills.