R&D Engineer Physical Vapour Deposition – Magnetic Materials
What you will do
As a R&D Engineer Physical Vapour Deposition you will be part of a team of material experts working on enabling next generation memories and logic devices. You will work within the Material, Interfaces, Deposition and Analysis (MIDA) department as a physical vapour deposition expert to develop processes to enable new materials or improve existing ones. Your goal will be to support the development of magnetic materials for emerging technologies, specifically in the context of dedicated industrial projects.
- Be responsible for magnetic material thin-film development, specifically as part of dedicated industrial projects
- Be the PVD expert, working in partnership with an application expert, and the other process teams, to enable devices requiring magnetic materials
- Be the owner of one, or more, deposition processes to support the MIDA department
- Be a key contributor to innovation, both within and outside of the scope of your role. Growth is a key part of the job!
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a MSc or PhD degree in physics, applied physics, material engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- You have hands-on experience in Physical Vapour Deposition, ideally sputter deposition.
- 7+ years (MSc)
- 3+ years (PhD)
- Experience with industrial (200/300mm) PVD equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience with thin-film magnetic materials is a must, with experience of these in an industrial environment being a significant plus
- Broad knowledge of measurement techniques, and drive to be in the lab/fab
- Enthusiastic and “always improving” mentality
- We appreciate your open mind and multi-disciplinary attitude.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.