Process Engineer Thin Film Deposition (fixed term contract for 2 years)
What you will do
Imec investigates memory concepts with increased memory density to enable fast, low temperature and powerful storage solutions for next generation smart phones, tablets, smart TVs, and other pioneering technologies. These include DRAM devices for high-speed access, NAND flash memory devices for storage of large amounts of data, and the emerging Storage Class Memories (SCM) for massive data access in short time. Each technology requires specific materials with explicit functionalities, depending on the target application. Moreover, the deposition of these materials is challenging due to the high aspect ratios in advanced 3D architectures. Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) is a promising technique in this respect, as it allows for conformal deposition of a wide range of materials.
- In the MIDA department (Materials-Interfaces, Deposition-Analysis), you will contribute to the development and optimization of thin film processes, using ALD for application in advanced memory devices developed in imec’s 300mm pilot line.
- DOE design and execution, complex process recipe creation, and post deposition in-line film characterization will be part of your responsibilities.
- Depending on your expertise, you can also own the full cycle of thin film process development from request to report. Reporting includes the writing of both technical reports and procedures to transfer the developed process to imec’s pilot production line or to external customer sites. You will have frequent interactions with internal and external customers, not only by reporting but also via technical presentations and conference calls.
- Next to that, you will interact regularly with the FAB engineering group to troubleshoot in case of process drift, to align on tool plannings, and to cover operational improvements that will improve the FAB’s cycle time.
- You will be incorporated in a team of enthusiastic, highly engaged process and R&D engineers and scientists, that will provide guidance and trainings, and that will challenge you to grow in your role of process development engineer Thin Film Deposition.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master degree, or equivalent by experience, preferably in industrial engineering, physics, or chemistry.
- You have a few years of experience with process development in a high-tech cleanroom.
- You have expertise in thin film deposition and characterization techniques. Knowledge of ALD is an asset.
- You are hands-on, you make things happen.
- You have a flexible mindset.
- You can work independently and are proactive.
- You work accurately and have attention to detail.
- You can work in an international environment with various partners and customers.
- You are a fluent communicator and team player. Good English communication skills are a must.