Process Engineer AFM
What you will do
You will be a member of the in-Line Metrology Process Engineering & Development team. This team is responsible for the standard metrology processes and tools in the cleanroom and follows up processes under evaluation/validation for upscaling.
As a process engineer you will be responsible for multiple metrology tools with a focus on AFM
- You will be responsible for process & tool qualification, stability, improvements and problem prevention.
- You will troubleshoot issues related to the patterning characterization and enable first line trouble shooters to step up.
- You report progress, analyzed results and opportunities to various organizational levels both internally as well as to customers.
- You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with researchers, hardware engineers, operations, industry assignees, device and process experts.
- You will work in a shift system, working in two shifts (Early/Late) including 1weekend (Sa/Su) out of 3, to support the 24h by 7d fab.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies
- You obtained a Bachelor or Master in Science or Engineering or equal by experience and display strong engineering skills and mindset.
- Experience in metrology and more in specific AFM is a plus.
- You like to work autonomously, well organized, with a good attention to detail and set high standards for quality.
- As you will work in cross functional teams, strong communication and reporting skills are required. You are a team player with a strong drive to share your experience and knowledge with colleagues. You strive to document and report your work to highest quality standards.
- Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.
- You are an enthusiastic and motivated team player with good communication and reporting skills.
- Process & quality driven analyzer: You manage multiple priorities with a proactive “can do” attitude.