Research & development - Leuven | More than two weeks ago
Imec has developed successful offerings in silicon photonics through its Optical I/O R&D program, aimed at short-reach optical communications, and through wafer level prototype fabrication services for customers in telecom, datacom, computing, bio-medical and sensing applications. These activities are growing and require the expansion of our team.
As a silicon photonics PDK engineer, your role is to collect and document technology information, codify design rules and package it all as a PDK, to support designers while designing and laying out their circuits. You then provide feedback to designers to help them follow the rules for proper fabrication, ensure timely intake of their layout, before handing over prepared data to the mask preparation team. At each step, you work in close collaboration with the silicon photonics group and other teams: project managers, process integration engineers, device engineers, test engineers, mask preparation engineers etc.
•Your primary responsibility is to support external and internal customers.
•You maintain and contribute to the development of the base PDK for the various technological platforms.
•You prepare custom PDK to support custom requests from external customers or internal R&D work.
•You collect feedback and corrections from the team and customers to continuously improve the PDK.
•You follow a process for the intake of customer layout and to prepare layout data for the mask preparation team.
•You contribute to the automation of PDK preparation and layout intake, for repeatability, traceability and auditability.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
• You have a Master degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent. You are familiar with semiconductor processing and preferably with integrated photonics. Knowledge of electronics is a plus.
• You have experience with git and programming (Python), and you are comfortable working in the terminal.
• You have working knowledge of physical layout and verification tools, for example Calibre (DRC, LVS ...), Virtuoso (Skill) and KLayout. Knowledge of photonics or electronics design environment is a plus.
• You are detail-oriented and strive for quality.
• You have excellent communication skills in English for this customer facing position and to communicate in imec multinational environment.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.