Chip Manufacturing Support Engineer
What you will do
The world of chip manufacturing is an interesting and diverse environment. Our enthusiastic and diverse team collaborates with imec’s customers to make their projects become reality. We are eager to welcome new team members to step into this magnificent world and get familiar with the processes of manufacturing chips.
Imec IC-link helps customers to design chips and bring them to the prototype and the mass production stage at top chip foundries. Imec is a qualified TSMC VCA partner and offers state-of-the-art prototype and volume fabrication services to fabless companies and system houses. Imec IC-link provides its customers specialized technical solutions for the design of chips, prototyping and mass production.
As a chip manufacturing support engineer, you are the coordinator and interface between the chip manufacturing plants and our customers. After an extensive training by our team, you get the responsibility of the entire process of tape out of the custom chips designed by our customers. In this tape out process, you will handle the following tasks:
- Check and guarantee the quality of chips, designed by our international customers. You do this based on the documentation provided by the manufacturing plants and knowledge you gain from the team and past projects.
- Prepare the chip design for fabrication at the foundries and help the customer with final sign-off (‘go’ for fabrication). You do this with the help of the most advanced CAD software programs.
- Have technical discussions with our customers to guide them in this sign-off process.
- Guide the customer in getting the required foundry information and documentation before, during and after the chip design and manufacturing.
- Follow up the projects from start to end and assure that all project milestones are met.
- Assist the sales team in technical discussions.
- Have technical discussions with the production plants that manufacture these chips.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for candidates with a Master of engineering degree in electronics (“industrial engineer”) or equivalent by experience with some background as a FinFET layout engineer.
- We attach great importance to the following core competences: taking initiative, being client-oriented, being punctual, teamwork and drive.
- We expect that you are a strong communicator and can speak and write English fluently enough to support our international customers.
- You can adequately judge problem situations, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.