ASICs Sales Account Manager
What you will do
The IC-link division of imec is responsible for providing access to advanced ASIC foundry technologies to Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) and to larger companies for which IC manufacturing is not a core competence. Imec.link provides both technical and logistics support to enable prototyping and small/large volume production of custom ASICs. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, imec.link is expanding its operations in North America. The ASICs Sales Account Manager position will be responsible for managing imec.IC-link’s ASICs businesses, account activities, customer relationships as well as developing plans for business growth.
- Deepen our relationship with existing customers and identify new business opportunities
- Use your knowledge of advanced chip technology (CMOS), empowering you to advise customers and promote an optimal chip technology for their application, in collaboration with the chip foundry and the technical team at imec
- Work with Business Development Manager to prepare quotations to customers, negotiate and close contracts
- Ensure a correct, adequate, and efficient execution of chip production contracts and follow up the monthly forecasting, delivery schedule and/or production planning
- Understand the customers’ business, markets, end customers and their business strategy
- Develop short & long term forecasting of customer tape outs and customer volume demand
- Identifies risk relative to customer business and loading and develop risk mitigation plan
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Works and coordinates seamlessly with other departments in order to meet account performance objectives and customer needs
- Identify and work towards common solution fit and successful engagement for new business opportunities within existing customers
- Advise management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions
- Represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions to network with design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree (Master or PhD is a plus) with strong knowledge in the design/fabrication of chips and backend supply chain.
- In addition, you have 5 years or more hands on experience in high-tech sales and/or business development, preferably in the fabless semiconductor market.
- Your technical knowledge of chip fabrication techniques (CMOS) is a must. Experience and understanding of chip design, tools & flow, as well chip packaging, test is strongly preferred.
- Your eagerness to keep yourself up to date on the latest developments is key.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular travel (1 to 2 trips per month) 30% + within the US and several visits each year to imec’s headquarters in Belgium.
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), are very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and to confer fluently on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a must.
- You are a flexible team player, actively helping other team members.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are a quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.