Team Leader R&D Metrology
What you will do
- Lead a team of 5 experienced engineers and researchers in the field of overlay and focus metrology
- Ensure excellence of the team through coaching and training, on both technical and behavioral skills
- Set-up challenging and realistic targets and make sure your direct reports receive the necessary feedback to grow
- Lead projects and guide the technical direction of Joint Development Programs (JDPs) with imec tool supplier(s) in the field of overlay and focus metrology
- Interact with internal and external customers
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a colleague with a PhD in Applied Sciences, Physics, Material Engineering or Electrical engineering combined with at least 5-year work experience in the semiconductor industry and preferably more than 2 years in a leadership or management role.
Besides this we are looking for:
- your strong technical background with hands-on experience in metrology (overlay is a plus) and/or lithography
- your good understanding of patterning and integration schemes and process steps such as lithography and etch for advanced technology nodes
- your experience with technical problem-solving and your ability to multitask.
- your experience working with internal and external customers including leading edge semiconductor equipment and/or materials manufacturers.
- your team orientation and flexibility in accommodating changing priorities to support business needs.
- your self-drive and willingness to take ownership.
- your outstanding English communication skills to work successfully in an international dynamic team environment