Senior Project/Team Lead Imaging Systems
What you will do
Within imec’s systems department, our group’s activities focus on the development of novel imaging systems, built on top of imec technology differentiators. Current projects vary from integrated spectral filters that are tuned to specific customer requirements, to full hyperspectral camera systems and extremely compact lens-free microscopes. Such technologies require a multidisciplinary approach within a team that has expertise in electronics, material sciences, optics, software and a drive to get things done. To support the coordination of our running projects, building next-generation sensing systems, we are looking for an enthusiastic employee with strong coordination skills. We aim at research and development at the highest international level and with relevance for the industrial, medical and space industry.
Each system includes multiple components, from electronics (camera boards, image sensors) to opto-mechanics (lenses, shutter, piezo-electric components) and all those must be fully integrated including mechanics and software. You will drive forward the development of prototypes from which you will define and execute the path towards a product: evaluate and select sub-components, select and qualify suppliers, plan manufacturing & testing with subcontractors and suppliers. You coordinate our application engineers, optical designers, materials & processing experts and software engineers towards the full imaging product, while ensuring system requirements are met.
In this position the successful candidate will coordinate and drive the team on projects involving multiple technical expert contributors and will have overall responsibility for tracking timelines, budget and reporting to both external customers and management. This requires an interest in imec’s novel in-house developed imaging systems and their link to the deployment of these systems into various applications. As imec’s current customers and partners are working on various applications, the job context will be very customer driven. You will be working with a team of researchers and engineers that focus on differentiated integrated imaging technology, with a finality in delivering the system to the customer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Track progress and contribute to the deliverables and reporting of imaging projects.
- Contribute to the definition of new projects.
- Monitor the interdependencies between projects; continually assess critical path; proactively anticipate risks and bottlenecks.
- Track project budget and resource allocation.
- Work with technical owners to review project contributions and formulate recommendations for customers and management.
- Work with the team management and the business development manager, to align customer’s needs with project execution.
- Prepare deliverables according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Represent imec at external project progress reporting meetings.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements and effectively manage change requests.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for an experienced project/team leader with strong technical background in imaging systems, image processing and systems development. Your experience includes the productization of cameras and optical systems, with a strong technical background in both prototyping and manufacturing.
- You have experience in people and project coordination in a high-tech environment.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in electronics, (electro-)optics, physics or similar.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in leading industrial camera or imaging product development.
- You are knowledgeable in imaging systems and applications.
- Experience with programming languages like matlab/python/C/C++ is considered a plus.
- Hands-on experience with imaging systems and data collection is considered a plus.
- You have experience in a product development environment with an interdisciplinary team.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills and fluent in English.