Researcher ferroelectric memories
What you will do
Imec is looking for a researcher with strong background in modeling and characterization of ferroelectric memories and ferroelectric materials to work in our ferroelectric memory characterization team. The job consists in device electrical characterization with strong focus on understanding of device operations and physics, and to feedback this information to the device processing teams to improve the performance of ferroelectric memories. Typical activities include:
- Characterize electrically 2D and 3D ferroelectric capacitor and transistor stacks developed in the core program;
- Characterize electrically specific ferroelectric structures developed jointly with an industrial partner;
- Deliver understanding of the impact of process and materials on electrical properties of ferroelectric stacks.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Physics, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or Nanotechnology.
- You have a solid experience in ferroelectric physics, device modeling and electrical characterization
- We are looking for your 3+ years hands-on experience in ferroelectric devices
- Experience with ferroelectric material integration is an important advantage.
- Experience on other types of memory devices/concepts is an interesting plus
- We are looking for a self-motivated team player with good communication skills, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision.
- We appreciate your open mind and multi-disciplinary attitude.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.