Researcher Exploratory Patterning Materials
What you will do
You will be a member of the Exploratory Patterning Materials team, part of the Advanced Patterning department, responsible for developing advanced directed self-assembly (DSA) process for high-volume manufacturing (HVM).
In this job you will:
- characterize the DSA process to understand fundamental properties and behavior of block copolymer (BCP) during self-assembly.
- optimize DSA materials and process conditions to improve lithography performance.
- work effectively with material and equipment suppliers to identify issues, propose and evaluate material and process modification to meet needs and goals.
- own and drive Joint Development Projects (JDP’s) with various material and equipment suppliers to support the Advanced Patterning Process program needs.
- develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and in-house tools.
- guide MS/Ph.D. students.
- travel domestically and/or internationally, as necessary to support your job responsibilities.
- identify potential intellectual properties (IP) opportunities, file disclosures, give presentations at conferences, and write articles for scientific and technical journals.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a candidate with a PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science and a strong background in block copolymer physics or chemistry, nano-scale patterning using BCP and semiconductor process engineering.
- You have technical problem-solving skills and should be able to multitask.
- You have successfully collaborated with colleagues and industrial partners.
- You are a team player and flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
- You are a fast learner, able to adapt to the culture and the technology.
- You have outstanding English communication skills to work in an international environment.