Researcher, Computational Imaging
What you will do
The Computational Imaging Researcher will bring key expertise to the Camera Systems and Computational Imaging team at imec. Imec’s product is innovation. You will have the opportunity to dream, model, simulate, design, and prototype computational imaging systems that can be enabled using imec’s unique capabilities of nanofabrication. This is an excellent opportunity for creative individuals who want to solve tough problems and create new devices and systems. You will be working in an international team with colleagues in Kissimmee as well as in Leuven, Belgium. In this role you will:
- Understand state of the art applications and strategies and propose novel ideas that advance imec’s computational imaging research and technology.
- Contribute to imec’s research strategy for computational imaging.
- Model and simulate performance of proposed imaging systems.
- Define, develop, analyze and optimize new and existing imaging algorithms for current and future products.
- Collaborate with the hardware development teams to make better imaging systems.
- Publish results in top journals and attend or present at leading conferences.
- Network with peers and remain in touch with state-of-the-art innovations in the field of computational imaging and apply new ideas to accelerate research.
- Support the sales team with technical information for customer visits
What we do for you
You will grow professionally and academically and will have the opportunity to expand your network with US government labs and academia, as well as with international industry partners. You will collaborate with a group of top researchers and have access to state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and tools. You will work in an environment where ideas and their implementation are expected, supported, enabled and allowed to grow.
Imec is a not for profit organization that offers a supportive and collaborative environment with a perfect blend of academic and industry research and development culture. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. We offer competitive compensation packages and robust benefits including medical, dental and vision and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Optics, Computer Science or Information Theory; or a MS and 2 years of industry experience.
- You have a solid understanding of imaging systems.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in computational imaging applied to OCT, millimeter wave, LIDAR imaging, multispectral imaging, or other imaging applications and are able to apply your knowledge across any imaging filed.
- Have signal processing, signal analysis, data analysis, image analysis experience
- You have knowledge and understanding of image quality metrics.
- Have experience modeling, building, and testing imaging systems
- Have knowledge of imaging across several wavelengths
- You have working knowledge of industrial grade computational software and imaging simulation tools and software.
- You have excellent algorithm development and optimization skills including complexity reduction.
- Have hands on experience with software programming tools, for example, programming GUIs, C/C++, CUDA programming, MATLAB, and/or Python
- You possess strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- You are a flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are a quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- You are motivated to push the boundaries of existing technology and can see possibilities for future.
- Can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields
- Have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely
- Can easily integrate in an international team working across time zones and cultures
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
It is the policy of imec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline and termination. Reasonable accommodations of disability and religion are available for qualified individuals, upon request, provided that such accommodation does not present an undue hardship to imec.