R&D Innovation Manager
What you will do
As R&D Innovation Manager, you boost our R&D pipeline by identifying and matching innovative R&D topics. Also, you are responsible for helping to create the right environment and process to drive and inspire the submission of new research ideas. You manage ideas into a research opportunity. You manage the imec.invest R&D topic portfolio.
- recognize promising ideas, establish a win-win between ideas of different groups and encourage individuals to develop their ideas for entry into the research funnel.
create ideation opportunities and coordinate and coach research projects through a stage-gated enrichment process.;
- keep up to date with new insights in innovation management and challenge the way of working with the goal to improve imec’s innovation process.;
- create a sense of urgency and guarantee full transparency on the running projects. Therefore you organize the follow-up and corporate reporting on the imec.invest portfolio;
- support imec’s PhD, postdoc and tenure track selection processes;
- collaborate with business development, scientific leadership, the research community, market intelligence to build support for long-term research projects through the organization. You visit the relevant conferences to focus on specific areas of innovation at imec;
- work with the strategy and innovation teams to align research opportunities with the technical strategy.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
You are a technology enthusiast with a keen interest in innovation management and driving technology to impact. You get energy from working with innovative teams and you can drive them to higher performance through a constructive and participative approach. Your enthusiasm stimulates people to pursue high-impact, high-gain research projects. You have strong English communication, presentation and leadership skills. You have a curious and critical mind that is eager to understand and challenge new concepts. You can manage a wide variety of technical topics simultaneously and are diligent in project follow-up and report-out.