Memory Process Integration Engineer
What you will do
We just entered the IoT era, or Industry4.0, and research and development in the field of Memory is becoming every day more critical. A new roadmap, considering new concepts, is needed to overcome current scaling limitations to fill in the gap between current available technologies and to address new storage requirements. At imec, we developed exciting programs in 3DNAND, RRAM, PCM, Ferroelectrics and Magnetic RAM and we are constantly looking for new exploratory concepts.
These new devices go along with many new challenges, especially related to process integration, juggling with increasingly complex flows and exotic materials to integrate in our state of the art 300mm facility.
We are looking for a process integration engineer eager to learn these complex flows and capable of making them work, delivering proof of concept devices as well as enhanced full functional wafers.
As Memory Process Integration Engineer you are responsible for one of the memory programs at imec, focusing initially on Emerging memory devices. It involves hands-on work such as process flow development, technical discussions to determine best flow solutions and lot follow-up.
You will focus on:
- Developing and maintaining reliable process flows
- Discussing process splits with characterization and process development engineers, and then implementing them into the process flow
- Following-up the processing of memory lots in the imec pilot line
- Improving current mask set specifications, defining design rules, and check them structurally and electrically
- Analyzing inline and electrical data, to fix issues and improve process health and electrical readability
- Maintaining and improving communication and interaction with the other groups (processing, characterization, ...).
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master or PhD degree in applied sciences or engineering, or you have equivalent experience.
- We are looking for your knowledge in semiconductor process integration. Industrial experience is preferred, and memory background is an asset.
- We need your thorough understanding of Semiconductor Processing and Process Capabilities (Etch, Lithography, CVD, Diffusion, CMP).
- You are a communicative team player, capable of coordinating work across multiple groups but still able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.