ASIC Project Architect
What you will do
For more than 25 years, imec has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design level, assembly and test. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide. For the further extension of these imec services, we are looking for a highly motivated engineer.
Imec IC-link, as part of imec, has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with leading industrial foundries, and long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication and test of advanced electronic products.
As ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) Project Architect within imec IC-link, you will be in direct contact with our customers for future projects. Before project initiation, you will function as the key technical contact providing support to the customer to align their requirements to the project deliverables. You will assist our internal business development managers to win the project and initiate the project launch. Your closure will kick off the project with the project charter which you have created.
Winning a project will require you to assess the requirements and define for each project the most efficient flow and cost matching the planning and customer expectations. You will make a quote and for this you will be in close collaboration with several service domains (Tape-out, Manufacturing, Packaging, Test ...) within imec IC-link. You will report all leads and probabilities to your group leader.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Electronics, preferably with 5 years of relevant experience in project management and pre project support
- You have very good technical knowledge of the MIL STD for automotive, space, medical and industrial ASIC qualification flows
- You need to have excellent communication skills, active listening and technical skills. For these technical skills (asic manufacturing, assembly, test, qualification and reliability) you have a broad experience and a clear vision on the future.
- Basic knowledge on Automatic test Equipment is a must.
- You are pro-active and customer focused, like to take initiative and you are very motivated to work within a team of engineers.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory.
- You are willing to travel on a regular basis (2 week/month) to our sub-contractors within Europe.