What you will do
You will be a member of the Project Management & Operations (PMOPS) group, which is responsible for the overall APPM (Advanced Patterning, Process and Materials) operations and project management. As a Project Manager, you will follow-up on several Joint Development Programs.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- You do a first internal assessment of the resources required to execute a research project (lot turns, people, machine time, metrology) and ensure a balance between supplier needs and imec available resources and priorities in collaboration with the technical lead/manager.
- You define a way of working for the project team (meeting schedule, documentation and reporting, ...).
- You monitor progress with respect to the approved plan (e.g. keep track of key deliverables, critical lot progress, create and track resource dashboards).
- You capture and examine issues/risks and estimate the impact. When needed you escalate to higher management.
- You explore and identify value creation opportunities in work methods and business processes in collaboration with the various stakeholders in the different units.
- You lead or participate in projects that drive operational effectiveness.
- You work on implementing and improving our overall project methodology.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a master’s degree, preferably in science or engineering. We value your extensive track record in project and change management, and project delivery. You have a background in common project management methodologies, processes and techniques that you apply in a pragmatic way.
- You are a problem-solver with a strong focus on efficiency.
- You have a customer focus and are result-oriented.
- You can bring your own point of view in a convincing way and you have strong presentation skills.
- You can communicate at different levels within the organization.
- You will require a strong capability to work independently.
- You appreciate new challenges, have eye for detail, can handle confidential information and be discrete.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.