TEM Automation Engineer
What you will do
As TEM specialist your task will be to support the TEM
automation service at imec by executing, troubleshooting, and developing
automated sample preparation and TEM measurements recipes. Critical in the
development process is the analysis of the results and the evaluation of them
in respect to the requirements of the customer. You will also generate
comprehensive documentation on the developments that allows the process teams
to use this information to troubleshoot and process the service requests.
you do that? With a diverse range of tasks:
- You develop automation recipes for either sample preparation, TEM inspection or Metrology.
- You understand and follow the existing framework of TEM automation at imec.
- You create the correct documentation per recipe.
- You connect strongly with your colleagues working on TEM automation.
- You support troubleshooting of TEM automation.
- You support the day-to-day TEM automation service.
- You participate in the technical intake process for TEM automation.
- You connect strongly with the Hardware and Engineering teams to minimize the impact of issues.
- You will follow-up the different service queues offered by imec.
- You are co-owner in achieving the different targets set within the department: ensure quality delivery on time.
- You detect potential efficiency and quality risks and take appropriate actions.
- You are curious to learn and propose improvements to best known methods while understanding the key aspects of the TEM automation process at imec.
- You improve and update recipe design based on recipe usage success rate or integration process use case expansion.
What's in it for you?
you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in
nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent,
passion, and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible
possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the
society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal
working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show
responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not
only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec. Academy, 'our
corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your
technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution
makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore
appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably a PhD degree in materials sciences, physics, chemistry, or you have several years of hands-on experience with automated metrology, SEM/TEM inspections within the semiconductor industry.
- You are a good communicator, team player, and eager to learn.
- You are prepared to work in a shift system: early, late and one weekend per month.
- Being strong in planning, prioritizing, balancing tasks while focusing and applying a hands-on approach
- Good report writing skills, good analytical skills, and desire to learn more about new semiconductor materials and advanced structures are essential for a successful implementation of this role.
- You are interested in semiconductor device developments and understanding process integration flows and layout design.
- You understand the physics of charged-beam interaction with the matter. Can identify artifacts caused by the inspection and have the drive to quantify/minimize them.
- You understand the contrast mechanisms for image formation of SEM/TEM microscopy techniques. Experience using aberration corrected scanning transmission electron microscopy is essential.
- You have programming skills and process-oriented mindset with an eye for process improvement and change implementation.
- You hold high quality standards for your work and show leadership for you and your team members for constant improvement.
- You have a results-oriented mindset with can-do attitude and keep your expertise skills up to date.
- You can focus and deliver to commitment in a challenging environment with changing priorities.
- You are interested in TEM automation challenges and finding solutions to implement in the semiconductor industry application.