Team Leader Digital Twin
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced and driven Team Leader
Digital Twin for our team of data scientists and algorithm engineers who
contributes to a healthier life and sustainable food production by developing
Digital Twins in the fields of Precision Agriculture and Precision Health &
Nutrition. In this new role, we are looking for a people manager with a strong
background in the field of data science & algorithm development, who enjoys
hands-on involvement in the development activities.
and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and coach a team of data scientists and algorithm engineers who are active in our precision health, agritech & food programs;
- Contribute and implement the roadmap for Data Science and AI activities related to One Planet’s R&D programs;
- Oversee the activities, monitor progress and provide support and technical guidance;
- Anticipate on future program needs and translate these into the management and development of resources & competences in the team;
- Interact with Program/Project Managers and our new Scientific Director to capture priorities and translate these into activities and timelines;
- Take care of the individual development of team members in growing their technical competences aligned to the team needs and to ensure continuity of projects;
- Create a true team atmosphere where information is actively shared;
- Initiate interactions with other data-science and algorithm development teams within imec, Radboud or WUR to exchange best practices and create synergies;
- Lead technical digital twin discussions with (internal and external) customers and translate requirements in resource planning.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen University &
Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec
The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range
of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3
renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team
of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your
ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a Master degree or preferably a PhD in a relevant field such as Computer Science, AI or Data-analysis;
- 5 years of professional experience after PhD or 5-8 years of relevant working experience after Master degree are required;
- You spent at least 2 years of your career in a people management lead position (e.g., team lead, project lead, etc);
- You have a solid background and experience in the field of machine learning, signal processing and algorithm development & implementation;
- Experience in the domains of Precision Agri & Food or Health is a plus. Affinity is a must;
- Previous professional experience working in an Agile/Scrum way is a big plus;
- You are someone who enjoys coaching, guiding, managing and inspiring cross-cultural teams with a mixed experience level;
- Diplomatic and direct communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously are attributes that define yourself;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can connect with Perine Doreleijers, Talent
Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine at +3164886156 or
email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your
full resume and a cover letter
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.