Talented Analog IC Designer
What you will do
Are you a highly motivated researcher with a strong background in analog, mixed-signal, RF, and/or mm-wave IC design? Is your aspiration to work in a diverse research environment amongst some of the top researchers in the world? Are you an excellent communicator who thrives on a multi-disciplinary team?
Imec offers you the place to deploy your talents. We are performing advanced research in several high-end applications, where the development of state-of-the-art integrated circuits is a key enabler. Our projects are executed in close collaboration with industry partners, and often cover the complete field from applications to architecture concepts, circuit specs, down to final implementation and demonstration. We are also very involved and visible in the scientific and academic community, engage PhD students in our research and publish our results in top conferences and journals, allowing our researchers to grow in their career and collaborate with other institutes.
We are constantly looking for those that will help push the frontiers of analog and mixed signal circuits and devices - be it for imagers, (biomedical) sensors, wireless and wireline communications, quantum computing or otherwise. The intersections and challenges on all of these are becoming ever more intertwined.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at one of its locations: Leuven (Belgium), Eindhoven (The Netherlands), Kissemmee (Florida, US). With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have the talents to make a difference, have shown innovation and state of the art performance in your past experience
- You have a PhD degree in the domain of analog, mixed-signal, RF or mm-wave IC design or equivalent through experience.
- Experience in an industrial context is a strong plus.
- You have solid understanding from solid-state devices, analog/RF circuits, up to system architectures.
- You have excellent knowledge of analog design and verification flows and tools: Cadence Virtuoso including ADE (G)XL, layout, and design verification.
- You can work on your own yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.