System Test Engineer
What you will do
In this start-up environment and in close collaboration with engineers from different disciplines (software, electronics, algorithms, biomedical), you will be responsible for testing of innovative prototypes and small series embedded systems by combining cutting-edge research results with state-of-the-art components. Additionally, you will support the team to fulfil the testing needs or dependencies they might have on the software or hardware level. We need you as a System Test Engineer, especially for our health program to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Test embedded systems for prototypes based on imec hardware and off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers and radios, while interfacing to PC’s, smartphones and other portable devices;
- Develop use case scenarios and test cases including test processes;
- Perform system/software testing and troubleshooting;
- Select and/or build test tooling for automated test setups and small series production test, containing electronics (PCB, wire harness), firmware, mechatronics;
- Write test plans, and report on test results and defects. Ensure proper documentation on plan, execution, and results;
- Be part of a development team and create a test awareness (support with requirement review for testability);
- Interact with customers, support field trials and research studies.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers, disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a BSc /MSc degree in Embedded systems, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics or in a similar field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an embedded system or software (testing) position.
- Hands-on experience with design and build of prototypes or test setups. Containing Electronics, Mechatronics, Firmware.
- Practical approach using electronic lab equipment for Embedded systems (low power), preferably in the field of wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- Preferably followed a certified test training like ISTQB or TMAP and experience with product release cycles and system/software life cycle processes (Agile/Scrum).
- Very accurate and well organized. Experience with issue trackers like Jira.
- Experience with the programming language Python (must), other languages are a plus.
- Experience or affinity in the fields of health or agriculture & food.
- Experiential and team player attitude, which means taking initiative, thinking pro-actively, and having a flexible and problem-solving attitude are attributes which define yourself.
- Good communication skills with the ability to give quality feedback to the team.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
Are you interested in this position, and do you want to learn more about it? Then you can connect with Mayuri Nalawade, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Mayuri on +31 618703439 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.