System in Package Assembly Engineer
What you will do
As assembly engineer for SIP packaging within imec IC-link you act as the technical support interface between our international customers and the different assembly houses. You take up responsibility for the full project management.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining the package type with the customer and sub-contractor
- Technical support between customer and sub-contractor
- Development of Modules, MCM, substrates for new type of packages together with our subcontractor
- Manage all package development activities including conceptual design, feasibility study, substrate fabrication, assembly
- Organizing the flow of the volume production assembly
- Discussing the potential yield and/or reliability issues, failure analysis, process improvements
- Attending regular training courses in order to master the newest technologies related to the most advanced packaging methods
What we do for you
For more than 25 years, imec has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design level, assembly and test. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree (or higher) in Electronics, preferably with 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in the areas of assembly.
- Knowledge of assembly manufacturing processes and assembly flow including SMT, die prep, die attach, flip chip, underfilling, wire bonding, molding, singulation and back-end processes.
- Experience in schematic capture, layout and design using Cadence SIP.
- Knowledge in engineering design tools: AutoCAD , ANSYS SIwave and HFSS.
- Familiar with BGA package substrate technologies
- Experience in project-based work. You are pro-active and customer focused, like to take initiatives and you are very motivated to work within a team of engineers.
- Excellent communication skills that can enable the candidate to work well with internal cross functional teams and overseas suppliers.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory.