Support Officer Export Control
What you will do
To strengthen the export control and sanctions compliance team, imec is looking for a Support Officer Export Control.
Export control, global sanctions and compliance are essential to enable the organization to meet commitments we made to our customers. Compliance is considered to be one of the core values within imec.
As a Support Officer Export Control, you work within the department Intellectual Property, Contracts and Compliance. You will support and contribute to the implementation of policies and procedures to safeguard compliance with imec’ s sanctions and export control strategy.
To do so, you will
- Prepare, review, and manage export control and sanctions related documents.
- Perform “Know Your Customer” and embargoes screenings for new and existing customers.
- Ensure timely renewal of export control licenses.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and operations in coordination with the export control team.
- Maintain and upgrade the databases (including documents, end-use certificates, end-use questionnaires.
- Support the export control team in ad hoc projects.
- Assist with the preparation of the meetings of the export control team.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a bachelor’s degree in law, a paralegal certificate, or an equivalent diploma.
- You want to learn all the secrets of the export control and global sanctions laws and regulations.
- You have a hands-on approach while working rigorously.
- You combine this with good analytical skills.
- You work accurately and in a structured way.
- You are an enthusiastic team player but can work independently and take initiative.
- You have good communication skills, both orally and written.
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office IT tools (Teams, Excel) and SAP.
- You have a thorough knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch is considered a plus.