Student project: SENECA Light: Open-Source RISC-V-based neuromorphic platform
Design and implementation of a RISC-V-based open-source neuromorphic platform
What you will do
- This is a short-term internship position to release an open-source version of the neuromorphic processor, which is under development in imec. The architecture of open source neuromorphic processor (SENECA light) is inspired by SENECA  by will be made by fully open-source logic blocks. Here are the main tasks:
- Hand-on experience with RISC-V processor, open source NoC and SENECA (RTL coding).
- Integration of the Seneca-light architecture for a commercial FPGA development board.
- Validation and benchmarking (C programming).
- Documentation and release of the open-source code.
What we do for you
As the world-best research institute, we are the center of the excellence in nano-electronics design for Internet of Things and Healthcare applications. In this internship project, you will be working on a cutting-edge research project, under the supervision of the world-renown researchers from diverse background.
Who you are
- A student with a relevant background (non-European students are only eligible if they study in the Netherlands).
- Available for a period of at least three months.
- Have excellent RTL programming skill and good C programming skill.
- Are in good command of spoken and written English.
Does this position sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.