Student project: Select and demonstrate IoT communication protocols for research applications
What you will do
Within the OnePlanet Solutions team, we build application and research-oriented prototypes in preventive health, precision agriculture, and environmental sensing domains.
Prototypes use IoT wireless communication to transfer data to other devices or to the cloud environment where it is stored and analyzed. The goal of the internship is to explore and demonstrate the most suitable protocol(s) in different use cases related to agriculture, health, and environmental sensing areas.
- Explore and compare available IoT communication protocols.
- Create a report indicating which ones can be used in different use cases (health, agriculture, environmental sensing, etc.) and why.
- Select the most appropriate one that can be used in multiple domains and build up a prototype demonstration.
- Write the code for the prototype, test it and demonstrate operability.
- Create final report describing the prototype and the embedded software generated.
What we do for you
You will be part of the embedded software team, where you can add and benefit from technical knowledge and experience, giving you the support needed during your internship.
You will be challenged to gain experience with the most appropriate IoT protocol to use in different domains.
Who you are
- Experienced with C/C++ programming languages.
- Available for a period of 6 months.
- Be familiar with design patterns and good design practices.
- Be familiar with GIT revision control is a plus.
- Be familiar with scrum/agile framework basics.
- Be familiar with different communication protocols.
- Having good analytical and problem solving skills.
- You like being a part of a team.
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Entitled to do an internship in the Netherlands. This means that you are either an EU/EEA citizen, or a non-EU/EEA citizen who is studying at a Dutch university and need to do an internship as part of your studies.
Does this project sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
Got some questions about the recruitment process? Marsha Loomans of the Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to assist you.