Strategic Partnership Senior Manager, Health (West Coast)
We are looking for a seasoned strategic partnerships manager to be part of our US business team, focusing on health and life sciences. As part of the business team, you will establish and grow strategic relationships with new and existing partners for imec's health business and capture opportunities to disrupt emerging health markets by leveraging the most advanced silicon technology in the world.
This role is hybrid and ideally located in the Bay area or another location strategic to this industry. Travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30 percent.
You will be highly collaborative with our headquarters (Leuven, Belgium).
What you will do
- Cultivate, leverage, and develop long-term relationships with new and existing partners to achieve the business and strategic goals of imec’s health technologies, including C-level and senior VP-level relationships
- Perform business and sales-focused activities, including identifying key target customers and contacts at companies
- Translate technical and business needs of customers to fit within imec’s business model, technology, and expertise
- Structure and negotiate complex R&D agreements with key imec teams, including business, intellectual property, legal, and engineering groups
- Work effectively with internal functions to coordinate and meet critical customer needs and drive complex opportunities
- Expand imec’s footprint in the US, targeting specific industries via marketing-related activities such as attending and presenting at conferences and joining networking groups and events
- Collaborate with global senior leadership and business development teams to define strategic requirements and addressable markets for important opportunities, determine capability or operational fit with our existing strategy, and develop and manage partnership targets.
What we do for you
Imec is a world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. We leverage our world-class infrastructure and global ecosystem of partners across diverse industries to enable groundbreaking innovation.
We believe that talent grows technology, and technology grows talent.
This is imec, find your place in it.
Who you are
- At least five years of combined experience establishing long-term R&D partnerships, account management, or business development with companies in the life science, pharma/biotech, medical device, or healthcare sector
- Ideally, possess an established network including C-level and senior VP-level contacts in life science, pharma/biotech, medical device, or healthcare sectors
- An advanced degree in engineering, biological sciences, or business is preferred.
- Able to think strategically to assess and understand the strategic value of customer relationships, effectively partner, and negotiate.
- Outstanding organizational, planning, communication, and analytical skills
- Possess strong listening and interpersonal skills, and excellent oral and written presentation communication skills
- A keen interest in learning about and speaking compellingly about advanced technology within the function of this role
- Experience with customers and markets in the -omics, pharma biomanufacturing, and life science sectors is a plus
- Knowledge about various sensor technologies, including optical, electrical, photoacoustic modalities and/or nanofabrication, MEMS, and semiconductor process technology, is a plus.