Strategic Partnership Senior Manager, Health (West Coast Region)
What you will do
As a Strategic Partnerships Senior Manager, you will be part of the US business team of imec and establishing and growing strategic relationships with new and existing partners with an emphasis on growing imec's Health business with new partners and capturing opportunities to disrupt emerging health markets by leveraging the most advanced silicon technology in the world.
The functions of this role will include:
- Cultivate, leverage, and develop long-term relationships with new and existing partners to achieve the business and strategic goals of Imec Health including C- level and Senior VP level relationships
- Perform business and sales focused activities, including identifying key target customers, and contacts at companies.
- Translate technical and business needs of customers to fit with imec’s business model, technology, and expertise.
- Structure and negotiate complex R&D agreements with key imec teams including: business, intellectual property, legal, and engineering groups.
- Work effectively with internal functions to coordinate and meet critical customer needs and drive complex opportunities
- Expand imec’s footprint in the US targeting specific industries via marketing related activities such as attending and presenting at conferences and joining networking groups and events.
- Work together with senior leadership and business development teams at imec to define strategic requirements and addressable markets for important opportunities, determine capability or operational fit with our existing strategy as well as develop and manage partnership targets.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking, be well organized with astute attention to detail and accuracy, and driven to deliver results
This is a remote role working from your home office engaging with imec teams in Europe and the US.
What we do for you
As a Sr. Strategic Partnership Manager at imec, you will represent a prestigious global research institution. You will have the opportunity to learn about innovations and to contribute technology roadmaps. You will represent an organization that builds industry partnerships with the goal of making positive societal impacts. You will interact with C-level decision makers and some of the brightest minds from around the world to build collaborations that shape the future by leveraging imec’s research capabilities and advancements. This position offers flexibility, an opportunity to work in an international culture, and continuous learning.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As you would expect from a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including: medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- 5+ years combined of establishing long-term R&D partnerships, account management, or business development with companies in the life science, pharma/biotech, medical device, or healthcare sector.
- Ideally, possess an established network including C-level and Senior VP level in life science, pharma/biotech, medical device, or healthcare sector.
- Advanced degree in engineering, biological sciences or business is preferred.
- Able to think strategically to assess and understand strategic value of customer relationships, effectively partner, and negotiate.
- Outstanding organizational, planning, communication, and analytical skills
- Possess strong listening and interpersonal skills, and excellent oral and written presentation communication skills
- Keen interest to learn about and speak compellingly about advanced technology within the function of this role.
- Experience in -omics, pharma biomanufacturing, life science research tools customers and markets is a plus.
- Knowledge of various sensor technologies including opitical, electrical, photoacoustic modalities and/or nanofabrication, MEMS, semiconductor process technology is a plus.