Specialist Engineer Deposition and Diffusion
What you will do
A Specialist Engineer increases the efficiency and synergy between process and equipment by solving complex problems (for critical tools) that require in-depth knowledge of both equipment and process side. A Specialist Engineer improves the operational performance of toolsets through development and implementation of a long term vision.
Your main responsibilities are:
- As Specialist Engineer you will interact and collaborate with the equipment first responsible, the process first responsible, and the unit step responsible (BSV), both on daily issues and on projects (i.e. short term and long term).
- In order to pro-actively avoid unscheduled tool down situations you monitor equipment and process performances and act both as an operational backup for Hardware/Process Engineers (can rapidly be deployed where needed in case of urgent support), as well as the back up of the Team Leader when needed.
- Coaching and mentoring of both Equipment and Process Engineers are daily tasks as well as a close collaboration with Specialist Engineers from other areas to improve methodologies and take advantage of best practices.
- Leading cross-functional teams on tool installations (PAT-team), tool upgrades and improvements (OE-team).
- You will be responsible for a close collaboration with tool suppliers with respect to project management and day-to-day issues in solving complex problems.
- As Specialist Engineer you have knowledge of existing and upcoming process flows, projects and their impact. Assessing and defining priorities and keeping all stakeholders informed is part of your daily business.
- As a typical escalation owner for your toolset, you ensure quality of 8D and proper execution of action and mitigation plans and you escalate to tool suppliers when needed specially for lingering tool issues or long downs.
- To improve quality, cycle-time and throughput while maintaining a cost reduction focus, you implement Cross-departmental Continuous Improvement Plans (CIP).
- As Specialist Engineer you guide change management for both equipment, supply chain and managing its subsequent effect on the processes. Case handling with respect to these Change Review board (CRB).
- You develop a long-term operational vision for the toolset, i.e. how to optimize the toolset given the operational constraints and the customer requests.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience maintaining Deposition and Diffusion equipment such as PVD, CVD, ALD, EPI and Diffusion and its associated processes.
- Proven, (senior) engineering knowledge of both the equipment/hardware and process side of a specific toolset, and knowledge of operations, hookup and safety.
- Hands-on experience and attitude.
- Experience with project leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Proven practices of methodical problem solving techniques: 6 sigma, Lean, 8D, FMEA, etc.
Who we are
Imec is an established world-leading research center in nanoelectronics. More than 2350 international top talent researchers, engineers and (lab) technicians leverage their knowledge to develop innovative technology solutions that address the social issues in health care, (wireless) communication and sustainable energy.
The building block it all starts from is the chip. Imec aims to shape the chip as performant and small as possible enabling almost innumerate potential applications. To accomplish this, we collaborate with over 500 partners, including renowned universities and international research partners. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, US, Taiwan, China, India and Japan. For our Fab and Process Step RDM (FPS) business unit we are currently looking for a Specialist Engineer Deposition and Diffusion.