Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, energy, education, etc.
To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a software developer.
The META group is a key player in the Fab organization of imec, responsible for wafer level electrical test. The team delivers test and characterization services to the R&D organization and contributes directly to the success of many research programs in imec.
The software team is responsible for the development of software applications and the development and maintenance of a software framework to run test applications created by the different research teams. These test applications are used to characterize the different technologies under development in the various R&D programs in imec.
What you will do
You will be the main developer of the software application to run wafer level parametric tests both in lab and in cleanroom. This software application is a crucial component in the production workflow of the FAB. All wafers processed in imec’s cleanroom will be tested with this application.
- The development of the application will mainly be done in C++ and consists of:
- Developing hardware drivers for a fully automated wafer prober and the electrical instrumentation
- Developing the measurement logic for different technology variants (cmos, memory cells, power electronics)
- Developing an end-user interface to allow definition of the testjobs (wafer/die selection, measurement flow)
- Developing an operator interface to schedule and dispatch measurements jobs
- Testing & debugging of code, documenting of the code
- Release management : code versioning (GitHub), writing release notes
- This application will run on a Linux OS host
- This is teamwork, you will work closely together with an application architect and other developers.
Another key product the team is developing and maintaining, is a measurement framework where researchers can build their own measurement applications. These measurement applications run on semi-automatic measurement systems in the lab.
- Here you will contribute by further developing the measurement framework in Python:
- You will develop instrument drivers (in imec's instrumentation library).
- Develop a graphical interface to define and execute measurements.
- Define and implement application templates.
- Supporting first time users running their measurements in the framework
- Writing technical documentation and taking care of test/release/code management (GitHub).
- The Python applications will run on both Windows and Linux OS hosts.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are an experienced C/C++ developer (minimum 5 years of coding experience).
- You have experience programming Python or are keen to learn.
- Applying OO concepts in SW development is natural for you.
- Code quality is always on your mind when developing software.
- Experience in programming Unix/Linux is a must, MS Windows a plus
- Experience with communication Protocols: GPIB, TCPIP, USB, NI-VISA is a plus
- Having experience in programming instrumentation (NI-VISA library) or other hardware is a plus.
- You are eager to learn, are able to work independently, take ownership of assigned tasks and have a hands-on mentality
- You can communicate fluently in English.
- You are a team player: you share your technical expertise with your colleagues, you can coach and guide others, you actively contribute to achieving common goals.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.