SoC Power Performance Modeling Engineer
What you will do
The Compute System Architecture (CSA) unit at imec desires to build zetta-scale AI/HPC hardware and software solutions co-designed. We are backed by a broad in-house R&D expertise, creating a new AI computing paradigm that will move the industry forward for many years to come. Designed in tune with advanced silicon geometry, novel communication technology, our architecture provides high-performance AI computing solutions in reliability, security, and power consumption at scale. We analyze emerging usage models, build hardware and software prototypes for data-driven computing hardware capable of zetta-scale performance.
The CSA team is looking for a SoC Power Modeling Engineer. Imagine yourself at the center of our SOC design effort, collaborating with all fields, playing a strategic role of getting the key prototyping effort functional in a quick manner. This role provides opportunities to work with senior technical people from Principal Engineers to Fellows on a regular basis.
The main responsibility of this role is to drive the SOC power modeling and optimization for very power efficient products:
- Work with architects to resolve interesting use-cases to simulate.
- Provide power projection for future projects based on analysis.
- Create test cases within the design verification environment.
- Work with logic teams to determine the correct functionality or enhance functionality for power reduction.
- Work with Architecture and design team to model the SOC power for use cases.
- Develop IP power models on new architecture design, providing power data for performance/power/area trade-offs.
- Work with multi-functional teams on improving power modeling.
- Understand interactions of the product at the software and system level that impact power.
- Ability to quickly react and adapt to changes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with CPU/GPU architecture is a big plus.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for applicants with experience in SOC power simulation and modeling, hardware power simulation and analysis flow.
- 3+ years of experience in SoC Power modeling/Statistical Modeling.
- MS or PhD in Computer/Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with ASIC power analysis and optimization.
- Familiarity with SystemC, Verilog and System Verilog.
- Experience with Common performance benchmarks and workloads
- Experience with performance modeling simulation
- Familiarity with script writing in Python, Perl or Tcl.
- Familiarity with power impact at architecture, logic design, and circuit levels.
- Familiarity with multimedia data processing is a plus.
- Familiarity with SOC design flow and methodology.
- Familiarity with power simulation and power optimization.
- Silicon power measurement experience is a plus.
- Strong communication skills are a pre-requisite since you will collaborate with a lot of different groups.