Senior Silicon Photonics Laser Engineer
What you will do
- Your mission as a Senior Laser engineer in the 3D and Si photonics team will be to drive the wafer-scale integration of InP and GaAs laser devices into imec’s Si photonics platforms. More specifically, you will be responsible for the laser device design, simulation, layout, data analysis and qualification.
- You are responsible for a streamlined project execution by working closely with imec’s process integration, assembly, test, and reliability engineers, as well as with external suppliers and tool vendors.
- You will be the strategic point of contact for the development of imec’s Si Photonics Laser Integration activities, liaising with our key internal and external customers. In addition, you will contribute to defining imec’s laser integration roadmap, in collaboration with the program management team.
- You are responsible for coordinating laser reliability assessment and improvement activities. Together with imec’s reliability experts, you will identify failure modes and propose solutions to prolong the lifetime of devices.
- You will be reporting the results to internal stakeholders, including peers across team/group/unit and to the external stakeholders including imec customers and core partners, as well as the scientific community.
- You need to stay on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmark imec’s solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Obtained a PhD, Master degree or equivalent industrial experience, with a focus on semiconductor device design, process technology, and characterization
- 3+ years of experience in design, simulation, and characterization of III-V semiconductor lasers.
- Experience with silicon photonics is a plus
- Experience in DOE and statistical analysis is a plus.
- An enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- Able to plan, drive and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule and with a focus on quality
- Excellent English communication skills and is willing to work in a multicultural environment.