Senior RF mm-Wave IC Designer
Imec performs world-leading research in nano-electronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Over 5000 expert scientists from over 95 countries shape tomorrow’s world with their research which is typically 5 to 10 years ahead of the market. Imec is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has offices in the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India.
The Imec ARF group in Leuven enjoys a world-class reputation in advanced millimeter-wave (mm-Wave) communication and radar & sensing systems. In these fields our expertise ranges from antenna design, integrated front-end circuit design in Si and III-V based technologies, baseband and ADC circuit design in advanced CMOS, up to the definition and implementation of systems and related algorithms.
The ARF group also performs research in the fields of advanced wireline communication, future RF technologies, mm-Wave sensing for life sciences, and mm-Wave imaging.
Specifically for IC design, the group is led by Piet Wambacq and Jan Craninckx, and has an established state-of-the-art research reputation that has been confirmed over the years by our extensive presence in top conferences in solid-state circuit design, such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC, VLSI and CICC.
As an independent research center, we collaborate closely with top players in both industry and academia, giving our people a continuous exposure to both the latest evolutions in industrial challenges and approaches, as well as into the newest emerging academic ideas and paradigms.
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced RF mm-Wave IC design researcher who can participate actively in the innovation and design of advanced integrated circuit mm-Wave front-ends.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Research and design innovative RF and mm-Wave circuits, both in CMOS and III-V technologies. These include both the actual mm-Wave front-end and the entire functionality of a beamforming transceiver.
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of RF and mm-Wave designs taking into account the evolution of semiconductor and packaging technologies, that are also investigated at imec.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas and new technical innovations based on your solid technical experience.
- Take part in the interaction with external partners and towards new prospect, as part of the technical support.
- Publish your state-of-the-art research results in international conferences or journals.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in the domain of analog, mixed-signal, RF or mm-Wave IC design or equivalent through experience.
- You have solid design experience in the circuit design of integrated mm-Wave front-ends in advanced CMOS and/or III-V technologies
- You are familiar with and have experience in analog integrated circuit design
- You are familiar with the architecture of wireless communication/radar/sensing systems and circuits.
- Experience in integrated mm-Wave design above 100GHz is a strong plus.
- You have a good understanding of the solid-state devices you are working with.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and can present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.