Principal Member of Technical Staff Metrology for 3DIC integration
What you will do
- Work in a metrology group focusing on metrology and defectivity for 3DIC integration and Advanced Wafer Level Packaging.
- Actively contribute to the research programs (e.g. 3D program & logic program) by understanding the needs and trends. You develop solutions and innovative methods to tackle challenges in this field.
- Be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, timelines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of your project(s).
- Build up a close relationship with equipment suppliers to stay up to date with novel technologies and do an early assessment of their potential towards future technology nodes. If required, you initiate new collaborations.
- Define, lead, and follow up on the execution of joint development programs with external partners.
- Monitor imec program and industry trends.
- Develop your network internally and externally.
- Develop the strategy for metrology/inspection in the field of 3DIC integration and translate this into an action plan
- Actively participate to the strategy and roadmap of the group.
- Report your work internally and externally (project reviews, workshops, conferences, or journal papers).
- Coach junior engineers / researchers in the group.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion, and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Applied Sciences, Material Engineering or Electronics.
- You are an experienced professional with a strong background in semiconductor technology related to 3DIC integration and Advanced Wafer Level Packaging and related metrology (10+ yrs), preferably in an industrial environment.
- You have an extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with process or metrology tools used for 3DIC integration.
- You can demonstrate project management experience and can drive a cross-functional team of people.
- You can take decisions and have strong troubleshooting skills.
- You have an analytical mind, use a logical and well-structured approach, but can also think outside the box.
- You are used to work with deadlines and can handle stress.
- You have excellent reporting skills and can present results concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team of professionals and like to network.
- Good English communication skills are required.