Data Scientist Health
What you will do
looking for a Data
Scientist Health to expand our OnePlanet team in Wageningen, Gelderland. You will
be responsible for translating state-of-the-art data analytics into a machine
learning pipeline to extract new parameters and markers for health conditions. As
a Senior Data Scientist, you will
work on huge data sets that are gathered by our OnePlanet partners from
Wageningen University or Radboud University. You will be part
of a world class multidisciplinary team working on completely new solutions for
the Precision Health, Nutrition and Behavior domain of OnePlanet Research
position you will:
- Design and deploy a data flow architecture and a machine learning pipeline for the data-driven health program of OnePlanet.
- Translate state-of-the art data analytics and machine learning techniques into algorithms and solutions to extract new parameters and markers for specific health conditions.
- Collect, organize, and structure data of existing datasets (for example on digital twins).
- Take lead in the interaction with customers and stakeholders to define the features and parameters of interest for selected application domains.
- Generate insights and develop data driven models from multi-sensor data streams and heterogenous physiological related data.
- Analyze large physiological data sets to find meaningful personalized health parameters. Optimize the computational constraints of the learning algorithms, validate results in real-life and/or (clinical) studies.
- Create machine learning pipelines in a cloud computing environment.
- Present and communicate research results and interpretation to internal and external stakeholder.
- Give direction to other data scientists (as the Data Science team will be expanded in the future).
What we do for you
offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of
technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This
is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an
impact on tomorrow’s society.
as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits
package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours.
Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally
respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team
of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas
will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Physics with focus on Machine Learning, Data Mining and Statistical analysis.
- 3+ years of experience after your Ph.D. in an applied health research environment.
- Experience in the field of machine learning and with the development of biomedical signal processing, sensor fusion and time series analysis algorithms are a must have.
- You have understanding of human physiology and experience with human data (sensors, wearables).
- Knowledge of neural networks and deep learning research, ideally with hands-on experience in Theano, PyTorch, TensorFlow and/or CNTK.
- Knowledge of Python and Visualization and a working knowledge of MATLAB, C, and Java.
- Experience with cloud computing such as Hadoop Azure, Amazon and Spark (Data Bricks).
- Experience in defining experimental protocols, setting-up and running experimental evaluation is desired.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems on a daily base.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
Are you interested in
this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can connect with
Ana Crehuet, Talent Acquisition specialist. You can reach Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume and a cover letter
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.