What you will do
As a seasoned purchasing expert, you are a pilar for the imec procurement team, assisting imec in reaching its targets through preparing, managing and executing procurement projects in R&D, ICT and the linked service contracts, always in line with the core values of imec procurement.
- You identify, evaluate, and select suppliers for ICT-related products and services, R&D maintenance contracts and R&D equipment.
- You build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers and internal customers to ensure a steady supply chain and forecast.
- You negotiate contracts, terms and conditions with suppliers to achieve the best possible situation for the organization.
- You coordinate Request for Information, Request for Proposals in collaboration with the internal partners.
- You manage the timely renewal of contracts and establish frame agreements with strategic suppliers.
- Together with your manager, you develop and execute sourcing strategies for the Categories ICT, R&D tools and service contracts, ensuring alignment with company goals and cost-saving targets.
- You stay up-to-date with market trends and technological advancements to identify opportunities for innovation and cost reduction.
- You support the sustainability goals of imec.
- You analyze and optimize procurement costs while maintaining product quality and supplier relationships.
- You promote best practice to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures.
- You identify risks in the supply chain and, together with the supply chain, develop contingency plans to mitigate disruptions.
- You stay informed about global events and market dynamics that may impact procurement operations.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a candidate with a master's degree and experience in procurement .
- You have an affinity with everything that is IT-related and have a technical appetite to learn more about the R&D support contracts of R&D Tools.
- You have a positive mindset and a can-do mentality. You work in an organized and pragmatic way and doesn’t think in terms of problems but in terms of solutions. Working with MS Teams, PowerBI and SAP is not new for you.
- We appreciate your strong communication and negotiation skills.
- We need a colleague with a flexible mindset who is open to changes.
- We hope you can analyse complex situations and act in an efficient way.
- We are looking for a colleague who sees things on the bright side.
- A good knowledge and understanding of English is a must. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.