Senior Business Development Manager “Energy”
What you will do
Within the business segment of Energy companies and the associated eco-system players, we address those partners that have specific technology & system needs to drive their innovation in hydrogen electrolysis, electrochemical conversion, carbon capturing and utilization, photovoltaics, battery technology, energy management technologies and related systems. We offer different business models ranging from licensing with multiple partners to dedicated development and creation of new ventures.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, your main tasks will be:
- Based on your good knowledge of the Energy market and of technologies like electrochemical conversion, photovoltaics, batteries, energy management systems, you will build and manage a portfolio of partners for the different imec technologies.
- You generate leads within this market segment and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- You advise and promote to potential partners the most optimal offering and business model, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec.
- You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven. You negotiate and finalize contracts with the customer.
- You work in close contact with business development persons in collaborative partnerships like e.g., EnergyVille (collaboration between imec, VITO, KULeuven and UHasselt).
- You track progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor customer’s satisfaction.
- You stay in contact with the contract partner and facilitate the interaction between the partner and the technical teams.
- You clearly communicate current and future partner needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to the head of imec business development.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centres in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven and in the EnergyVille offices in Genk, Belgium. With your talent, passion, and expertise, you will become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow, a cornerstone of which is the energy transition.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in physics or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have a proven track record in sales and/or business development, preferably in the Energy technology market.
- Technical knowledge in electrochemical energy conversion, batteries and photovoltaic technologies is an asset. You can relate a customer’s request to technology offerings.
- You have an initial understanding of business models in IP licensing.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You can talk on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%)
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.