Senior Analog and Mixed-Signal Design Engineer for Sense & Actuate SoCs
Our team’s activities in imec
Imec enjoys a world-class reputation in advanced Integrated Circuit and System design and in technology development. Combining these skills, imec’s Sense & Actuate System on Chip group (SA-SoC) develops specialty components such as image sensors and MEMS systems. The core elements (pixels, MEMS structures) are based on imec’s proprietary technology and are developed by parallel teams of specialists. The CMOS interface electronics is designed in-house for beyond state-of-the-art performance. Our team takes care of the full development of these components, from concept to low volume production. We work with industry leading customers operating in niche market applications and our products are and will be integrated into tomorrow’s biomedical, pharmaceutical and industrial most advanced equipment.
Check this link to learn about one example.
How you will be part of our team
You will join imec’s wide and famous analog design community of which the SA-SoC group is a part. You will be working in a dynamic environment, and you will interact with the other analog, mixed-signal and RF design teams.
You have a strong motivation to provide quality in your design work, implementing all design measures to contribute to a manufacturable product. You find energy in your work by helping our customers to bring their solution to the market enabled by our beyond-state-of-the art integrated circuit(s). You are proud to contribute to society in a way that is visible on relative short term.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design high-end electronic circuits for sensors and actuators with challenging specifications (e.g. switched-cap amplifiers, analog-to-digital converters, clock generation circuits, high speed serializers, high speed drivers, biasing and reference circuits...).
- Implement all good practices for a manufacturable product in your design work, like DFT (design for test), DFR (design for reliability).
- Have the system level overview, understand or define the specifications at system level and propagate the specification budget to the building blocks and cells.
- Master the procedures and tools to build, simulate, verify and lay out large blocks and complex on-chip systems.
- Cooperate in a real team spirit with your colleagues to build the circuits in the best and most efficient way.
- Understand and be able to link your work to the specifications and restrictions of the blocks or sub-system at higher and lower level of abstraction.
- Supervise and verify layout and make layout yourself (of critical blocks or at critical timeline).
- Evaluate the SoC and its building blocks in our lab: define the measurements, specify the measurement hardware and build/use the measurement SW for semi-automatic measurements and data analysis.
- Collaborate with specialists from many cross-disciplinary teams (e.g. pixel design, Si-technology ...).
- Support the (low volume) production start-up (e.g. test program definition) and support our product engineers in yield analysis.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to
join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its
headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise,
you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we
shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal
working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show
responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only
with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate
university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical
and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable
contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment
are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many
Who you are
- You have an MSc or PhD degree in Analog IC Electronics and at least 10 years of experience since your MSc degree, with a relevant part in industry.
- You get your motivation out of building solutions that enable products of our customers.
- Excellent insight in analog circuit design is an absolute must, preferably in on-chip signal processing by high-performance analog-to-digital converters, high speed serializers, clock generation circuits etc.
- You have a very good hands-on knowledge on IC design CAD tools and are knowledgeable on the digital circuit design flow.
- You know and like to measure in the lab including to characterize a.o. for PVT variation.
- You are disciplined and accurate in your work, including design for yield optimization, DFT and DFR.
- You clearly and openly report on the progress of your work and situate it in the context of the project.
- You are a good team player, able to pursue and find compromise.
- You like to cooperate with colleagues of multiple other disciplines.
- You have a natural desire to interpret and solve problems and you are self-critical.
- You are result-driven, and you can set and respect deadlines.
For more information on this open position, feel free to contact Albena Zabtcheva: email@example.com