Semantic Web Developer (temporary assignment)
Build a browser extension that is compatible with Chrome and Firefox, which allows users to log in with Solid identities in their browser and use those to fetch authenticated resources. The extension should also detect when a website supports Solid identity, and offers the user to automatically log with one of their Solid identities configured in their browser.
- Build cross-browser Solid extension for FireFox and Chrome.
- Produce clean, efficient, and test-driven code based on (Solid) specifications.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Work together with a diverse team of researchers and developers.
Required knowledge and skills
- Experience in development of browser extensions for FireFox and Chrome, including testing of these extensions
- Familiarity with development of Web applications
- Prior knowledge about Solid is preferable.
Duration of the assignment and work regime
- Minimum 3 months, fulltime
- Extension of the assignment is possible
Desired start date
- Desired start date is beginning of May, or to be negotiated with the selected candidate
- imec Ghent (De Krook), or Zwijnaarde (Technologiepark)
- Working partially from the offices and from home is possible within team agreement
*For this temporary position, you can apply as a candidate or as an independent consultant. As a candidate, you are willing to work through a temporary employment agency. Consultant agencies that wish to present a candidate should contact Flexforce.
*Voor deze tijdelijke positie kan je solliciteren als kandidaat of als zelfstandige consultant. Als kandidaat ben je bereid te werken via een uitzendkantoor. Kantoren die een kandidaat wensen voor te stellen dienen contact op te nemen met Flexforce.