director health technology - Holst
Imec at Holst Centre has
established a world-leading track record on the design of novel sensors and
systems for human health applications and ultra-low power IoT devices in
general. For instance, our teams continue to develop innovations in human
health, people activity-, lifestyle- and environmental monitoring, accurate
localization, and many other fields. With our HQ in Leuven, Belgium we are
world renowned for pioneering new process technologies in collaboration with
industrial foundries and with the broader semiconductor ecosystem. Imec’s
research tracks enable unique opportunities for end-to-end innovations.
In this new role, you will conduct and initiate research for Autonomous
Therapeutic implants, Artificial Organs and Bio-Electronic systems, with a
focus on defining and leveraging advanced technology for future (implanted)
You will work from Holst
Centre/imec the Netherlands in Eindhoven, yet in close collaboration with the
research groups located in imec Belgium and OnePlanet/imec research in
What you will do
- You will focus on the further integration of system and design expertise from our Eindhoven site as well as on the most advanced technology platforms from our Leuven groups. By doing this you drive our ambition to expand beyond chip technologies and leverage emerging process technologies like photonics, ultrasound and photo-acoustics to create ground-breaking new innovations in the fields of health, co-botics and bio(-medical) process sensors. You will push the envelope for the design of new sensor systems for the programs in Eindhoven, as part of the Holst Centre.
- You will bridge the technology roadmaps of imec
at Holst Centre with the system and application roadmaps towards an
integrated view. You do this based on your deep understanding of new
process technologies and their roadmaps, like f.i. electronics, photonics,
ultrasound, microfluidics, ...and in discussion with the program directors
and other scientific directors on the system and application side.
- Together with the research teams, you define the
requirements for a range of different sensing modalities in the area of health:
Bio-electronic medicine, Artificial Organs, Neuro readout &
stimulation, a.o.. You conceptualize innovative methods and break-down
research tracks into de-risk steps.
- You work with the top researchers in the teams,
you inspire them towards personal excellence and creativity and you lead
them to international excellence and recognition in these fields.
- You will drive technical discussions with our
industrial partners to further develop the research roadmaps, and in
support of customer acquisition of major accounts.
- You pursue novel applications of technologies to
address challenging real-world problems, including establishing new areas
- You radiate imec’s proficiency at conferences,
seminars and other events, and participate in the adequate scientific
- You write and contribute to proposals, project
status reports, technical white papers.
- You report to the Program Director Health &
Solutions of Imec-NL Eindhoven.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
amongst top-notch researchers at the forefront of technology, in an international
network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new
technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Who you are
- Senior/principal researcher, with entrepreneurial
skills bringing together the diversity in the fields of technology and
- You have done your PhD or are an
associate/fulltime professor in a bio related field (sharing
a relevant chair with the job can be discussed).
- You understand
biomedical circuits and systems for interaction with the
(electro)physiology of cells.
- Deep knowledge on various physical sensor
mechanisms i.e. optics, ultrasound, photo-acoustics,
- Well established research track record with
international recognized scientific achievements and international network
in scientific communities.
- Proven track record in developing new system and
sensor concepts in close understanding of bio applications
(Bio-electronic medicine, Artificial Organs, Neuro readout &
- Ability and ambition to define and steer a
research challenge towards international recognition.
- Independent thinker with an entrepreneurial
- Pro-active attitude in initiating significant
collaborations across imec and externally.
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- People management skills are a bonus, being a
team player is a must.
- Fluency in English is required as this is an
Does this position sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
Should you have more questions about the job, and the recruitment process, you can contact Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead, Frank will be happy to assist you.