Researcher solid electrolyte materials for water electrolysis and CO2 electroreduction
What you will do
You will be part of a team researching and developing new technologies for water electrolysis and CO2 reduction, with nano-engineered materials. We are looking for researchers that can further drive this activity in strong collaboration with the team and technical management. Your responsibilities will be:
- study and improve solid electrolyte materials for water electrolysis and CO2 electroreduction by applying technological relevant synthesis methods, focusing on sol-gel synthesis and surface functionalization/grafting
- present the results of your work to internal collaborators and external (industrial and academical) partners.
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to publish your results in scientific papers and – when applicable – protect these results by applying for a patent.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in science
- You have chemistry background with focus on sol-gel synthesis and surface functionalization/grafting, knowledge of polymer ionomers and solid electrolytes for water electrolysis is a plus
- Experience in electrical and/or electrochemical characterization is a plus
- Experience with project management and/or (public funded) project writing is a plus
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You can guide and motivate team members in their work
- You can plan the work of a team according to deadlines and deliverables
- You are creative and like to think with the team to solve problems
- You are result-driven and can meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- You are flexible to accept new challenges in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment
The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec an impeccable knowledge of English is mandatory.