What you will do
We are looking for a Researcher Radio-Frequency
(RF) based Sensor Technology to contribute to the development of disruptive
innovations in our Precision Agritech program. You will be working in a team of
scientists and engineers and be involved in explorative research on the use of new
RF-based (mm /µm wave) sensing technologies for, amongst others, fruit quality
assessment for selective harvesting and sorting.
Topics you will be
working on in this role include:
- Perform feasibility studies using off-the-shelve millimeter wave radar for sensing applications in Agri-food;
- Understand and support (internal or external) customer needs, challenges and requirements and translate these into solutions to be incorporated in your designs;
- Design of resonators used for various sensing applications;
- Realize experimental setups for new micro-and mm-wave based dielectric sensing technologies;
- Validate your designs in a lab environment and during field-tests;
- Work towards cost-effective systems for field-tests;
- Together with data-scientists, work on the analysis of gathered data;
- Translate new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration
agreement between Wageningen University &
Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer
of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including
a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours.
Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3
renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team
of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your
ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD degree in Electrical engineering or Applied Physics or a Master degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- You have a solid understanding of RF-based sensing and/or material characterization;
- Experience in remote, near-field or resonant sensing is required;
- Good understanding or strong affinity with the horti and agricultural sector, in particular, related to sensor technologies;
- Experience with RF simulations tools (such as Ansys HFSS) is a big plus;
- Able to work together with hardware and software engineers to ensure a smooth transfer of proofs-of-concept towards implementation in prototypes for field testing;
- Result oriented and hands-on attitude, which means taking initiative, thinking proactively and having a flexible mindset;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- You can deal with ambiguity and you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent
Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. If
you wish to apply, then please submit your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.