Researcher EUV Lithography and Imaging
What you will do
The Advanced Patterning Department is exploring, developing, and optimizing advanced lithography/patterning solutions to enable the chip scaling roadmaps. One of the key technologies enable single digit nanometer dimensions on chip is EUV (extreme-ultraviolet) lithography. This is made possible by the most advanced equipment from imec’s strategic partner ASML through the Advanced Patterning Center. Together with world-leading industry partners at imec, we address the upcoming scaling challenges associated with EUV patterning and its latest (i.e., High NA) EUV lithography tool more specifically. Within this context, we are looking for a Researcher EUV Lithography and Imaging.
High-NA EUVL: the next major step in lithography | imec (imec-int.com)
- You will strengthen the imec Litho, Reticles and Scanner group. This team of researchers and scientists explores novel imaging solutions to support future directions in advanced lithography. You will contribute to the optimization and evaluation of the EUV reticle (i.e., the master template in the EUV lithography tool) for High NA EUV.
- You will be responsible for imaging projects in the field of advanced EUV lithography, this includes
- Interacting with our external partners to define, plan and follow up the technical project goals
- Doing experiments in imec’s high-tech cleanroom, using the most advanced EUV lithography equipment
- Data analysis, interpretation of results and building understanding using lithography simulation engines
- Reporting and presenting the key findings to our different partners and colleagues
- You will contribute to internal conferences/workshops, generate patents, and publish in international journals.
- You will stay abreast of all recent developments in the field. You’ll do this by studying literature, interacting with your colleagues, building up an industry network.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD in Physics, (Nano)Engineering, or Chemistry, having relevant industry experience is a plus.
- You have interest, or preferably, have experience with
- modeling and data processing using advanced computer software
- data processing and programming
- doing experiments in a high-tech cleanroom
- advanced (EUV) lithography
- You have analytic skills and yet you have a hands-on attitude.
- You work independently and pro-actively in a structured, transparent and accurate way.
- You are a constructive team player, with good networking skills, creativity, persistence and passion for what you do.
- You have excellent reporting and communication skills in English.