Researcher Applied Neuroscience
What you will do
As a Researcher Applied Neuroscience you understand the
human (peripheral) nervous system and the pathology of chronic diseases. In
this role you will contribute to developing stimulation and sensing probes for implantable
health solutions. Together with the team you can turn your knowledge into
closed loop electronic systems for neuromodulation and other disease control. You
will validate this with in-vitro and clinical studies.
- Work together with the team towards the next generation of implantable therapeutic devices.
- Perform research on neuroscience by studying the working and effects of new principles and devices on the (peripheral) nervous system.
- You identify methods to ensure the implementation and validation of your findings into the development of new devices ,where transducers interact with human tissue for stimulation and sensing configurations.
- You assist the team in design choices for making prototypes and validating them.
- Translate your findings into publications, patents key technology or directly to customers.
- Setting up and performing studies to validate concepts and prototypes.
What we do for you
By joining the Health Research team in Eindhoven, you
will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with
our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on implants and companions for artificial
organs to develop building blocks for autonomous closed loop care. We invite
you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on
our society and our future lives.
Who you are
- PhD or MSc degree with 5+ years of experience in neurology, biology, biomedical engineering, or similar field. E.g., nerve stimulation, deep brain stimulation, implantable therapeutics.
- Affinity with the development of multi-physical systems (such as sensors, actuators, stimulators) which interface with the human body, electronics, and physics.
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of neurology and physiology is a must. Knowledge of Chronic inflammatory diseases etc. is a plus.
- Solid experience of mathematical and simulation tools, for example MATLAB and Python.
- Flexible team player that ensures a smooth transfer of proofs-of-concept towards implementation in prototypes for field testing.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the whole process of modelling, low-profile validation experiments, development, and validation, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, by generating results in an uncertain research process. You see change as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
Are you interested in this position
and do you want to learn more about it? Then you can connect with Mayuri
Nalawade, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Mayuri on +31(0)6 49 86
12 50 or by email at email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your
full resume, and include a motivational letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.